Wednesday, August 06, 2025

dinner with Denny

With Conrad away in NZ, Van and I feel an occasional need for someone to fill in for him at the dinner table.  So last night we drove on over to West Hollywood and met up with Denny for a meal at Saltie Girl.


Denny is a delight.  He travels, he enjoys food and cocktails, he's a fellow homo, and he's got a good, balanced mindset.  Easy conversation with him every time.  We'll hope to have him over some time this fall when things slow down for us.

As for dinner, a success, and worth a return.  The restaurant has an extensive menu of tinned fish served charcuterie style, and I am so eager to try that - I love me some sardines and more!  But not last night.  We sat outside, and the low light meant the food photos were not optimal.  I did capture the tasty salad we shared,


but I did not get either the truly excellent calamari (so light!) and my delicious pasta with clams.  The cocktails were good, but Van's variation on an old fashioned (simply called "orange" on the menu - Denny's was called "honeydew" and mine was called "nectarine") was the best, and Denny and I each opted for it as a second round.

Oh, and Van had a minor celebrity sighting, someone from Pentatonix. 

50 minutes to get there, 35 or so to get home.  I'm not a fan of having to drive all that, but ah well.  Dinner with Denny was worth it! 

No comments: