And how did the past long weekend go otherwise, Peter?
Not too bad!
Friday night was at Maestro with Van. I took just the one photo (queso fundido)
before deciding I wanted to simply eat my dinner. We came back to the condo after that to watch some Drag Race. A nice easy evening.
Saturday morning I got up for a walk, and the early light was tinting the buildings with pinks.
Lovely. Conrad eventually joined me, and we ended up at Amara (shocking, I know). Nice start to the weekend.
We actually got some things done at home in terms of sorting and discarding papers. The mail had a nice little surprise from Courtney and Robert's recent trip to the UK.
That was a delight to find in the mail.
Sunday! Online drinks on Sunday, and really, there isn't much more to report. After we finished the drinks we had a dinner of pasta and salad, and that's that!
Yesterday (because yesterday was the holiday), I set out in the morning for a short walk,
feeling a little lazy. Most of the day I enjoyed doing some reading, but we went over to Maestro for a little while in the evening to pay our respects to a recently-passed staff member there before popping into Mama M for a very fast meal at the sushi bar,
chatting with Chef Jack about travel plans to Thailand later this year. It was a quick dinner because we were expecting our friend and former neighbour Violet
and her two sisters
to come by for desserts and drinks. They showed up shortly after 8, and we got caught up over Last Words and lovely little cakes.
Violet's sister Nancy was celebrating her birthday, so we celebrated that as well.
Really terrific to see them.
A bit of a late night because of our visitors, but that's ok. I'll go to bed earlier tonight if I can!
And now on with the week ahead, which should be relatively quiet again.














No comments:
Post a Comment