Monthly online happy hour with the gang took place earlier today, and as ever, it was a delight. Our theme was snow and ice (and just wait until I post for February - that's quite the odd theme), and let me tell you, it was hard to find things that weren't heavy on cream or made as slushy drinks. As it was, I did resort to coconut. Hence, the Winter Wonderland Margarita (front) and the Snowy Day (back).
Conrad preferred the latter, Van and I preferred the former.
For round two, Conrad and Van had the same, but I went in a different direction and opened a bottle of ice wine to use. The first attempt, with vodka, orange juice, and lemon juice was not that great.
The second attempt, The Canadian in Manhattan, was better.
Rye (the recipe called for bourbon, but come on, that's not Canadian), ice wine, and maple syrup. Nice to try, but not one I will make again.
That Winter Wonderland Margarita, however....




No comments:
Post a Comment