Sunday, January 04, 2026

pizza night!

As things somewhat get back to normal (ha!) here, we had our first Saturday evening of the year at home.  Van and Olive came over, and I made us cocktails to start (hello Mr. Fancy Pants!),


then pizzas for dinner.  One of them a Hawaiian,

the other a margarita. 

I wish my oven were hotter so that I could get a crisper crust, but they weren't a bad effort all in all.  I preferred the crust on the Hawaiian, I admit.

And then a movie, Jay Kelly.  Lots to like about it, but I struggle to understand the point the filmmakers were getting at.  We had some spirited discussion afterward in which Van argued for the point of view that they probably were putting forth and me countering that they hadn't shown enough to justify it.

I got the dishes done, and then it was a fairly good night of sleep. Nice! 

No comments: