Saturday, July 11, 2026

Aussie candies


I was writing a few note cards and such this afternoon, and as I was jotting on a postcard for one particular friend, I remembered that she had gifted me with some Australian candies and that they were sitting on the table nearby.  Time to try them, I realized.  I needed to thank her, and I wanted to thank her from a place of actually having tried them.  So, I tried them.

The easy one first.  We have Life Savers over here, but fruit tingles? 


Imagine something a little less sour than a Sweet Tart but similar in texture.  Lightly fizzy, too.  I liked these but I need to try a few more flavours to see whether there is much difference among them.

The challenging one second.  Stephanie warned me that these might be just so, but since she and I both like candies that are chalky in nature, she wanted me to have some.  Musk sticks. 


Start with the colour, which is very pink indeed.  The texture was a little chewier than other chalky candies.  It's the flavour, though, that is, well, wow.  SUPER floral, musky, perfumed.  It's a lot.  And they are sweet.  That said, I can see the appeal.  They're curious enough that I had a second, and I am sure to go back to them again some time.  I can't imagine eating too many at once, though.  Quite a candy!

It's Saturday afternoon, and I need to get ready to head downtown with Van.  I'll do the weekend report late tomorrow or on Monday.  Have a good rest of the weekend there! 

No comments: