Remember how I posted yesterday, a transition day, all eager and such? Heading north with Conrad to his hometown for a few nights? Well, we made it here, but not as smoothly as hoped. Thank you, United, for what was ultimately a small nuisance but felt like a colossal irritation a mere 24 hours or so ago.
Look!
There I am, seated by the window, tons of leg space in the exit row, ready to conk out on my during-flight nap. See how cheery I look! And then we land, and... for some reason or another not at all explained to us, my bag was not loaded on the flight. It would come on the next one.
Sigh. Thank you again, United.
We could have hit the road north, but we figured it was only a couple of hours, so we would drive around town and pick up some things for our hotel room. That brought us to a couple of grocery stores and the delightful world of Michigan and Wisconsin wines. I absolutely love some of these wine names and labels.
Clever! I'm not sure they are to my taste - the frosting ones sound like they would be far too sweet
- but I kind of want to try them all. Or have a wine tasting party! That would be so much fun. Another time, perhaps.
Anyway, the next flight kept getting delayed, so we decamped to the bar at Taverne in the Sky, which we know from past experience has green chartreuse. I slowly sipped a Last Word,
we each had a very tasty burger as an early dinner, and by the time we were done, the plane was about to land. When we got to the airport, by bag was there on the carousel. I grabbed it, we got it in the car, and off we went to Escanaba. A longer travel experience that expected or wanted, but we made it here.





No comments:
Post a Comment