It's later on Sunday night, and I should go to bed soon. Dishes are done - and bloody heck, why did the dishwasher have to go on the fritz? - Conrad is upstairs. I'm checking in before bedtime myself. I'll summarize the weekend in another post tomorrow, but for tonight, let's just focus on the July online happy hour.
The theme today: early 80s music. I took liberties with that. We all did. And there were good drinks to enjoy. I ended up making five for us to try.
Ranking them from least favourite to most...
The Thirsty Like the Wolf. Cranberry juice (not cocktail) and lime juice made for a tart, even bitter drink. Add some sweetener for balance, and this might be good.
The Dead or Alive. Conrad liked this one most, but he didn't finish all of it. A weird combo on paper that worked. Kind of chocolate-y.
The Hungry Like the Wolf. A bourbon drink made lighter in part by the healthy amount of ginger beer. Surprisingly refreshing, and maybe more of a drink for another day.
The New Moon. Because Duran Duran, right? New Moon on Monday! A gussied up G&T. I think Allison made this one as well and liked it.
The Sweet Dreams Are Made of This. A vodka sour that used a lychee liqueur and had club soda to lighten it up.
It was a lively, enjoyable online happy hour, and I managed to find a good variety of drinks. I might not do the Thirsty again, but otherwise, they were good. We shall see!










No comments:
Post a Comment