Hey, it's the weekend update! Lucky y'all, right? Here we go!
Friday started out with me doing a mighty mighty long morning walk: just shy of ten miles. I was understandably a little worn out the rest of the day, but I rallied for dinner at Maestro. No Van this time - he was a little under the weather - but we did have a nice time with Stephen.
Ah, Stephen, someone we didn't see often enough despite him living just over in Glendale. And now he is all packed up and moving to Texas. This week. We wish him well there, what with the new job and being much closer to his daughters and grandson.
Anyway, it was a nice evening outside.
I stuck with the Maestro margarita, a hibiscus-flavoured drink, and we shared some good food: guacamole with plantain chips, oysters, the roasted beet salad, and the cochinita pibil.
I really love that last dish. Yum!
Conrad and I came home from dinner, poured a little wine, watched some television. An easy Friday done.
Saturday started out with less walking than the day before. And, of course, we ended up at Amara. Rather than having my usual arepa, I split a breakfast burrito
with Conrad.
Have no fear: there was a decaf latte for me.
Saturday then unspooled through a day of groceries, some laundry, and tackling some of the accumulation in the one storage room. That felt good to get done. Eventually I took up residence in my kitchen where I cobbled up from dim memory a lentil and bacon tart
to serve at room temperature for dinner and served that along with a salad platter (no lettuce - we are being wary of that like many other people) of burrata with crispy prosciutto, tomatoes, nectarines, basil, and mint.
We had barely finished when Erik from next door showed up at the door to say hello. That turned into a longer evening with him and his friend, Barry, joining us. And then, because the dishwasher is on the fritz, I was up until after 11 washing and drying all the dishes by hand. A lot of time on my feet despite a shorter walk that day, and man oh man, was I exhausted by the time I went to bed.
I let myself stay in bed longer yesterday, and our morning walk was meager. It was nice to get a morning with some oatmeal and decaf and writing a few notecards to friends. I made some dinner for Conrad to reheat tonight while I'm at Van's, then set to work on the happy hour cocktails. That was fun. Van stuck around for sushi after drinks, and then he headed home while Conrad and I finished up with some travel planning we'd been doing earlier in the day. To bed after that.
Just a rather ordinary, easy weekend for us. Nice to have!












No comments:
Post a Comment