Saturday, July 18, 2026

persimmons

Happy Saturday!  Just wanted to share a photo I took on my morning walk yesterday.  Good walk, too!  I was out the door a minute or two before 5AM and managed 9.82 miles.  It's nice walking around where Van lives - a prettier, mostly residential area and (sorry, but true) less chance of running into and being accosted (or assaulted - it's happened!) by an unhoused person.  Maybe a greater chance of seeing a coyote, though.

Anyway, good walk, and as I ambled along, I caught sight of branches hanging almost over the sidewalk, laden with fruit.  Green fruit, not yet ripe.  But a handsome crop of persimmons coming along on the tree. 


I love how there are fruit trees like that and pomegranates and citrus fruits and loquats in so many yards.  Gives me real estate envy even more than I already have. 

No comments: