The week of me and Olive and just me and Olive continues.
Almost at the halfway point. I am utterly sure that she is dearly wishing that she was with her daddy and Plan C instead. Rest assured, she is being fed and watered and walked, though! I am not a monster!
I had a weirdly busy day for working from home. Fridays don't usually have quite so much I need to tend to. I'm glad for things to do, though. At the end of the afternoon, though, I put on music (listening to the new Laura Veirs) and made a very very very basic dinner (things foraged from the fridge dipped in blue cheese dressing), and made a cocktail. I shudder to call this a martini (just because it's in a martini glass doesn't make it a martini)(and I served this in a large Nick and Nora instead) when it's really a vodka sour, but it was tasty enough: the Italicus Martini.
I'd make this again, happily. Simple, goes down easily.
I munched on dinner and sipped the cocktail then poured a glass of wine and started to work on notecards and such to friends. One of my favourite things to do: send something in the mail to people I care about, even if it's just a hello. Who doesn't enjoy something in the mail other than a bill or a flyer?
Friday will wind down here. Lunch plans tomorrow, and that's it for Saturday. We are almost half way through August, folks!


No comments:
Post a Comment