Happy August! Starting out the month of blogging gently and easily here with a short post spotlighting a wine I had a couple of nights ago at Van's place. Pépin Orange, a French wine, a gift from friends of Van who came to our cocktail months back.
Ever had orange wine? It's made from white wine grapes that are left on the skins, the white equivalent of a rosé (or even a red, for that matter). I first had an orange wine at a wine bar in Chicago years back, and have had it on occasion since. The wines tend to be, well, funky. Not a bad thing, though. The Pépin was, indeed, very interesting. Van described it as tasty like a mix of beer and wine, and I can see what he means based on the yeastiness of it all. It took me a few sips to decide whether I liked it, and in the end, I did. I'm not sure I would seek it out again, but I thought it went nicely with dinner that night.


No comments:
Post a Comment