It's Sunday night. Conrad and I are are our laptops, doing various things. Thursday looms. The trip is so soon. We did a massive shop today to complement the massive online shop recently, and I think (and hope!) we have plenty of clothes for the climate we're heading to. Fingers crossed!
Oh! And Conrad is testing negative at last. THANK GOODNESS. Boring for him and for me to live in different parts of the condo and seldom interact in person. I'm glad to have him back, so to speak.
Anyway, as the weekend closes, let's do the weekend that was.
Friday we stayed in. I cooked us up a pork tenderloin (no photos of it, sorry), and I made myself a Blue Sky (there's something about blue Curacao that just makes cocktails kind of icky).
Conrad was still not 100%, so it was a mild little evening. Yeah, not the most interesting report.
Yesterday I ventured out on a short walk, then got Conrad to go for one with me, stopping at Amara to pick up breakfast for us. The rest of the day was largely separate. It was nice that Van came over to freshen up the plants. I know Olive was thrilled to see Conrad again. I experimented with a cocktail for today's online happy hour. Our theme was CanLit (and I made Conrad a drink today inspired by a Robert Munsch book, resulting in a Blackberry [Subway] Jam and Gin cocktail),
so I opted for a book by a favourite author to guide me: The Manticore by Robertson Davies.
Not a bad cocktail, a little sweet. The cinnamon and mint were a good pair, though. I made Conrad and me some turkey cutlets with a whole-grain mustard sauce. Another mild little evening.
Today, as I mentioned, Conrad was negative, so we got his butt out the door
on a walk before coming home to have breakfast and coffee. Shopping followed, then he napped when we got home while I baked two batches of scones (oh, right: I baked banana bread yesterday). We did happy hour (Oh! I also took inspiration from another Robertson Davies book, The Lyre of Orpheus, and made an Orpheus as my second cocktail),
then baked a frozen pizza and watched some Cougar Town. And now it's back to our life of getting things done for later this week.
Blogging is sure to be erratic through October, but please do stick with me!
So... there. The weekend that was. Not the most
No comments:
Post a Comment