Monday, September 21, 2026

third weekend in September

Sunday evening as I write this, Monday when I post it.  I feel a little overwhelmed with the trip ahead (three weeks out of country!) and Conrad still getting over Covid.  He's better, not 100%.  Hooray for improvement!


Anyway, let me check in on how things are going here!

For one thing, a lot of shopping online.  Clothing and other items for the trip.  There we go, the trip again!  Also, laundry.  Cooking meals for us.  Napping.  Flu and Covid shots.  Watching a lot of Cougar Town (how the heck did I never watch that before - man, that's an awesome show!).  But I'm honestly bored without Conrad to be with.  I love his company, simple as that.

Anyway, a snippet or two of the weekend that was.

There were some mild morning walks.  I have had difficulty waking up early since my time with Van, darn it.  So, no early morning walks, but some shorter walks.  I did walk back and forth to massage on Saturday and flu vaccine on Sunday, and that added up nicely.  Sunday morning walk, I took a few photos of the sights of Pasadena. 




A grey morning, but some nice things to see in the area.

And, hey!  Cute t-shirt, right?

I didn't photograph the chicken meatloaves I made on Saturday, but I did get shots of Friday (pork tenderloin with roasted cabbage stuffed with prosciutto)


and Sunday (shrimp cooked in a Creole sauce with rice and a little cole slaw) dinners. 

I've already posted the cocktails from the weekend.  Not bad, I have to say.

And that's the weekend.  Again, Sunday evening as I write this, so I might dig into some cards and post cards and send out pre-travel hellos to folks! 

No comments: