I am nothing if not loyal, it seems. On the flight home on Tuesday, I ticked past 1,000,000 miles flown with United Airlines. Nicely done, Peter. Still less then half of what Conrad has done, but nicely done.
There are perks to being a Million Miler. What was nicer, though, was the fuss made. Greeted at the gate, boarded early. Meeting the captain and first officer and getting a photo with the latter in the cockpit.
Announcements on the flight noting my achievement. Small gifts to mark the occasion.
I felt truly special, and I thank them for that.
Yes, I've paid a lot of money over the years, as have my work and ALA and others. I've spent many hours in airports and airplanes not in pursuit of this but building toward it, nonetheless. It was nice to be celebrated, I have to say. On to the next million!


No comments:
Post a Comment