Hunh. Time flies. I'm sorry we don't get up to TO as much as we should, but I've managed to see you at least once a year since our time in Montreal, or so it seems.
Happy birthday (and safe travels to Greece to the two of you!)!
And for those who don't know Allison quite so well (and really, you should, because she, like CG, totally rocks), I present Allison in the 21st Century:
2001, one Chicago visit from her and one TO visit from me

2002, in Chicago
2003, two trips to TO for me! Hey, and how did Brenda sneak into one of those shots???




2004, in Michigan for Darth and Heidi's wedding

(We did get to TO in 2005, honestly, but we forgot the camera. Oh wait, was that actually in 2004? Hmmmm.)
2006, here in Chicago

2007, in Auckland NZ

8 comments:
I'm the first one to comment...
Peter, what a wonderful tribute to Allison. That's awesome! Allison rocks, of course, but Peter, I think you rock, too! :)
PS - I really must send you another pic of me...still don't like that one...plus it's no longer the 'me' I am now :)
Allison, I love all the pics of you that Peter posted but especially the ones of you laughing, shopping, and visiting NZ.
Mislead her? Deep dark secret? Oh Jeph, I'm not the queeniest queen out there, but I don't think I'm fooling anyone - even if I'm trying!
Brenda, I think I have more recent photos of you, but you know, it has been a while since last we were in TO....
:-)
thanks Peter! Photo shoots through the ages....new glasses, new haircuts, new clothes.....
I do remember the cookies and the birthday singing (courtesy of our very own Town Crier - Darth!) I can't believe it was that long ago! We are coming up on our tenth anniversary.
And yes, Jeph, I knew Peter's deep dark secret. I was quite happy to have someone back for me! It got better when Peter moved into my building - Banana chocolate chip bread, biscottis, scones...yum!
We have to thank Peter for introducing me to Danish cinema. It was on his recommendation that I went to see "The Celebration". I have never looked back.
One more comment - I still love that pic of Conrad and I at Dion's house. Great lighting!
You both look great in that NZ photo!
You know, I think it was Grant who saw Festen before I did, or maybe he was the one who suggested seeing it. Terrific movie, one that stays with me still.
And I may have baked for you (and provided a warm apartment for studying and hanging out that first winter), but you had the television and the microwave!
Yes, it was Grant who introduced us to Danish cinema!
And the computer during Christmas holidays (before you bought your new one!)
Good times, Peter. I do not miss the cold apartment at all!
Post a Comment