Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Driving into and out of the Hill Country

Okay, the lamb shanks are done, and I have a cake in the oven. I'm not going to blog the Texas weekend entirely tonight, but I do have a bit more to share before bed.

I wasn't as alert and attentive to this as usual: taking photos along the drive. Signs are fun things to read: they give you some sense of arrival or impending arrival, they may be funny, they teach you new concepts. On the drive into and out of the Hill Country, I was struck with the thought that terrific and restful as the visit was, it was just a visit. Texas remains still kind of foreign to a true foreigner like me. But a fun visit, nonetheless!



Conrad, meanwhile, has done a lot of driving on our recent trips. When we're in BC next month, I'll take on a bunch of the driving chores.

No comments: