
I made an effort tonight. Not only did I make an effort, I spent a bloody long time waiting for it to be done. Ah well.
For some reason I cannot find bone-in country-style pork ribs at Whole Foods. Boneless only, and I really wanted to cook meat on the bone. So, I opted for what were essentially double pork chops and bought two.
I've done this before: braised meat in a tomatillo sauce. Pork is what Rick Bbayless calls for in the cookbook, though the recipe works well with chicken, really. It's reliable, I don't need to check the recipe, I can put it on the back of the stove and go. Which was helpful tonight as it gave me time to work through six loads of laundry, dusting, sweeping, and cleaning the main bathroom. Jeez, is it ONLY 8:19 right now?
So now I'm well fed on the pork chop. I wilted some mâche in the sauce at the just before serving and dished it up in a bowl.
A glass of wine and a plate of grapes for dessert. Plus: leftovers for a quick meal tomorrow!
1 comment:
Oh, it's not so bad when he's gone less than a week (and back home tonight). I've had so many lazy meals lately, and with the cooking time required for the pork, I thought why not take the time and do it up right. Makes a potentially lonely meal a little more pleasant.
The tomatillo sauce is from scratch. I broiled put the husked tomatillos under the broiler with a whole jalapeno, then pureed it with some cilantro. Pretty simple.
Post a Comment