Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas, sort of

Conrad and I will tease each other by imitating the Yooper accent he will occasionally slide into with his family. There are certain words that betray the accent especially well, and given where we were, the day (not that it was Christmas, but the day of the week), and the food at hand, well...



Toast on Tuesday. Or, said the Yooper way (yes, I exaggerate): toooohh-wust on Tuuuuu-wuzday.

Fine, enough gentle mocking for now (though given the number of times I get idiots trying out their best Ontario accent - what's that all aboat, eh? - on me when they learn I'm Canadian - no such thing as a single Canadian accent, people! - it is nice to have some payback, misdirected as it may be).

I left it up to Conrad to take photos of his family's celebration on Christmas day, and in the end, he didn't bother taking any. I have no shots of the ham for lunch, of the opening of presents, of his family. I managed to get a few shots in a quiet time late in the morning, though, of him and his Mom by the tree so at least some Yuletide souvenir makes it on to the blog.

3 comments:

the ginger tabby said...

I like your cozy, red sweater, Peter. Any idea if they sell those in Canada? :)

Peter said...

I got it in Boston at Express about 3 or so years ago. No idea if the same store or sweater is in Canada, but I'm sure that there are similar ones to be found. Thanks for the compliment, though!

:-)

the ginger tabby said...

We don't have Express in TO to the best of my knowledge but I will have to keep my eye out for a similar sweater.