Monday, December 24, 2007

driving up Wisconsin

We left Chicago under somewhat sunny skies, but north of Milwaukee, after our lunch, we hit more snow. I took over driving between Kohler and our stop at Seguin's Cheese, and I got the benefit of some blowing wintry white to drive through. Happily, little of it was sticking to the road, and we made reasonable time.

I almost never drive in Chicago, and more than once friends have commented to me that they didn't even realize I have a license. It's more a case that I am not fond of city driving, but I don't at all mind doing the highway driving that Conrad rather dislikes.





2 comments:

Allison said...

ooh Peter, I am glad you made it to the UP in one piece. Looks like some horrible driving conditions.

Peter said...

Not too horrible, honestly. Most of the snow was blowing and not sticking.