Sunday, December 16, 2007

wintry night

Jeph e-mailed me early yesterday to tell me how sorry he felt for me because it appeared Chicago was going to miss out on the snow passing through the middle of the country. Ha!

Conrad made it in while it was just a light snow dancing around in the dying afternoon light. By the time we settled down to dinner, it was blowing more, and the snow was whipping down. The rest of the night, as we sat sipping wine by the tree it sounded like a howler outside, and it made the evening all the more cozy inside.

Once we cleared the condensation from the windows, we got a few shots of the scene outside.



This morning? Looks lovely out there. I should go walk over to Starbucks and grab my morning fortification. Be nice to be outside - I wonder if Conrad will mind being moseyed out of bed....

2 comments:

Allison said...

It was way worse here! Still, I ventured outside to the mall (which was empty - Hooray!) and got to work with little issues this morning.

Your pics made the snow look pretty (the lighting on your street, especially)

Peter said...

I love the snow, freshly fallen, and the soft lights outside. A bonus is seeing tress lit up in windows of the buildings around us.