
Return of the egg balls, y'all!
Our condo location close to Chinatown

readily affords us the opportunity to shop, dine, and walk in that neighbourhood. A pity, really, that we don't do that as much as we should. Still, once in a while we make it there, like last night.After dinner (pork chops coated with coarse mustard and saltine crumbs, served with steamed zucchini ribbons and a topping of leeks and Pink Lady apple - not one of my best efforts ever, but not too bad, and the Cedar Creek Dry Riesling went well enough with it),
we got another layer on
(it's cooler here than back home) and headed the few blocks into Chinatown to the Night Market.The sun was low, but the blocked off street was fairly packed.
Nice to see. We wandered through, not really intending to buy things, more just to look.
Not to buy? Whoops, I lie. I wanted egg balls again. Happily, we found the same stand as last year
and got a nice order made up fresh. We ate them far too quickly - essentially, they are lightly sweet waffles, so they were our dessert. Yum. I have to admit, though, I was totally eying up/lusting for the fish grilling at the stall next to the egg balls stall!

We finished the evening (and a lovely sunset it was)
with some goat milk gouda and a bottle of Domaine de Chaberton Gamay Noir, an excellent recommendation by the folks at Taylorwood Wines. Conrad and I sat out on the balcony and could see the Chinatown activity winding down as it got darker.
3 comments:
That's a nice picture of you and your sister, Peter. Cute.
I think her hair looks great when she wears it straight.
Hey, less than 6 weeks until we see you. We just rebooked the hotel so we're now at the Crowne Plaza.
I agree!! Love her straight hair :) You can tell her I said so (in case she doesn't read your blog).
Cool!! That's right - AR's wedding is coming up very, very soon :)
Post a Comment