Saturday, October 25, 2008

after the ceremony

Gosh, how long ago did Allison and Sean get married? Two weeks almost? Time flies when you're at work and then on the west coast visiting family.

I have 3/4 of an hour until boarding my plane here in Vancouver, so time enough to catch up on the wedding weekend photos. After the ceremony, of course, come the photos. The couple, their families, the wedding party. It's been some 16 years since I was in a cousin's wedding party, the only other time ever, so I'd forgotten how much goes into the process. Conrad bore it well, I'm glad to say, boring as it must have been despite the lovely day out. He caught a number of group and individual shots as well.

I have to say, I loved the colours Allison and Sean chose for the wedding party. Green is not easy for everyone, but it worked. Brenda was especially gorgeous, but I know I'm biased from having known and adored her for several years now.

Onwards with photos:

The couple with Allison's family. Allison's mother, Isobel, is in the blue dress while her father, Louis, is kilted on the end. The other family members had come from as far as Scotland and Dallas. I had such a fun time chatting with her Auntie Kathy. Or is that Cathy?

The wedding party awaits its turn. The ladies' shoes were not handling the soft, damp ground well for all they looked great.

Sean with his mother, Phyllis; his father, Ted; and his brother, Mark, a groomsman.

Allison with Marie, a close friend who did a reading during the ceremony. Marie is one of the several friends I'd heard about many many times over the ten years I've known Allison, and I was so glad to meet her and the others instead of knowing them by personality traits or activities. Take Marie, for example: no longer will she simply be a fellow Kevin enthusiast.

The musicians played on a little while. Well, for photo ops, at least.

The wedding party in full.

Allison with her bridesmaids: Nina, Janet (matron of honour), Portia, Brenda (see? gorgeous!), and Nikki. More names I've long known, now better known to me as faces and enjoyable dinner company. More on that in the last wedding post whenever I get to that.

You know, I've known Allison since we started library school together in 1998. Ten years. Her birthday was the first month, so I baked white chocolate chip cookies for her and brought them in to class that day. A month later we were neighbours in the same, small apartment block. I kind of miss the contented simplicity of those days.

Groomsmen and Sean: Mark (Sean's brother), Tom (his cousin), Mark (yes, another one - he gave me and Conrad rides to and from the ceremony, and he was a hoot to chat with), and Kevin (the best man). Good group of guys. I was a little nervous about fitting in, but that was groundless fear. They were all great to chat with and get to know a little. And we all looked great, you gotta admit.

One last vanity shot of me. Well, for this entry. Goodness knows my vanity is otherwise limitless.

25 minutes to boarding...

1 comment:

the ginger tabby said...

That last pic is a good one of you, Peter!

Thanks again for the compliments :)