Saturday, October 25, 2008

Sunshine Coast trip wind down

Hmmm.... Time enough for one last, quick post before heading to the gate.

Two days ago I took Dad and Bella down to Gibsons so that they could take care of a few errands and so that we could have lunch there. Our first and second choices were not open, so we ended up enjoying the sunny October lunchtime at the Waterfront Cafe, admiring the view. Truly, the weather for my visit with Dad could not have been better. The Sunshine Coast is getting a great autumn for one week, at least.

I drove back to Vancouver yesterday. I was sorry to have to go. It's been a good visit for Dad, and I shouldn't want to take that for granted. The Sunshine Coast is no longer the same as when we visited my grandmother at her home there every summer when we were young, but it remains a handsome place. Davis Bay, just outside Sechelt, lured me to stop and take a few photos.



I stopped in Gibsons for coffee since I was so ridiculously early for the ferry. I also wanted to drop into a bookstore near Molly's Reach. It, too, was closed (is everything in Gibsons closed??), so I wandered briefly and took a photo of Nick Adonidas' boat. We all know our Beachcombers, right?

Lunchtime, one day after dining with Dad in Gibsons, I was aboard the ferry. I felt a little restless reading, and ended up going to an outer deck and taking a few photos.
Clouds had drawn in - we'd get light light sprinkles in Vancouver. In under an hour, the Sunshine Coast was tucked back in my memory for another few months.

3 comments:

Allison said...

The Persephone! They have it docked in Gibson's harbour for tourists, obviously? I am such a fan of that show that I must get out to Gibson's at some point!

Peter said...

So we've cleared up that Jeph does actually know the boat, just the name from mythology. Sure The Beachcombers must be on DVD. Hmmm... maybe as a 40th birthday gift for you, Jeph?

Allison, the boat is parked on dry land above Molly's Reach, in fact.

SOLINET Library said...

I'm glad you got an opportunity to go up there and I think i will grow my hair out like your dad.