Saturday, October 04, 2008

wouldn't this look great in any kitchen?

Conrad and I got this out of Karen's truck and into her house yesterday. It's a biggie, isn't it? A mortar and pestle she found at an estate sale. That, my friends, is a marble mortar. Heavy, I promise you.



But goodness, just think of the kitchen fun you could have with something like that...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for hauling it out of the truck for me! I wish we had time to grind up a few pecans and whip up some Martha cookies before you leave for Chicago. (Like Con says - we'll have to vacuum them out of the mortar to get them into the mixing bowl). I'm going to miss you both so very much. I've had a wonderful visit with you. I'm glad you'll be back in December. Wish it was sooner! Love, Karen