Saturday, January 23, 2010

Scones for Smelts: 2010 program

Up at 6:45 this morning, in the car, and a quick dash down to Jewel. In my exhaustion last night after the one-hour timed swim, I didn't think to pick up buttermilk while we were getting a late bite of dinner at Whole Foods. To Jewel, then, and buttermilk. A new year, and a resumption of the Scones for Smelts program on Saturday mornings.

Two types today, simple ones: currant (on the bottom in the photos) and dried cranberry with walnut (on the top)
. I had them baked well in time for practice.

Easy practice, too. After the 4625 yard swim last night, I didn't push anything this morning, and headed to Whole Foods for breakfast with Conrad well before the end of practice. After some time, other Smelts joined us. Not all of these teammates got scones from me - it's always kind of arbitrary whom I give scones to - but some did, and the others are sure to at some point. Good group of people, we have a nice team vibe going, I think.



No comments: