Wednesday, January 27, 2010

steelhead

I'm in a rut, I fear. Easy dinners, meals I have made many times. One night soon I shall break free of all that. Not tonight, but one night soon.

(In fact, I have been eying some of the recipes in this lovely new cookbook I received for Christmas. Halibut with curry salt and green pea puree? Oh yeah, I think I need to give that one a whirl.)

Tonight I stuck with easy. A quick jaunt through Whole Foods and I was soon home with a bag of okra and a piece of steelhead salmon. And from there, dinner was a doodle. Lightly sauteed okra, red peppers, and onions seasoned with oregano, salt, and pepper. Add diced tomatoes with juices and some chicken broth and let it all simmer gently a while until tender.

Set atop a generous spoonful of this on each plate was a simply seared piece of fish. And it was nicely cooked fish, if I do say so. Flaking apart, but moist and a little rare inside. Seasoned with cumin, salt, and pepper.



Simple as that, our dinner. I was pleased.

And now to get those darn biscotti back in the oven...

No comments: