Thursday, June 10, 2010

this week on the balcony

Readers - all three of you - I am lazy. It has been said before, and I have just restated it. And here: I am lazy.

Summer brings it out in my. That's my excuse this week. OK to stick with it until October and the start of Christmas music season?

How lazy? Monday I prevailed on Conrad to pick up sushi for us. Tuesday? Cornish game hens.




Yesterday was a one pot/one bowl dish: mussels. I made a salty, peppery, saffron-y tomato and fennel broth and cooked the mussels and some vegetables in that. We had a bottle of a Portuguese white wine, and followed it all with mixed nuts for dessert.
Lovely lovely evening outside.

Tonight? Also simple. I sliced up pre-made chicken (turkey? Wow, I really am getting absent-minded) sausage and tossed it with tomato, fennel, shallots, red pepper, seasonings. Baked it all at a high temperature in a parcel of parchment (secured with foil). Served it with a bit of corn and very simple salad.

Martinis to sip. Heaven out on the balcony, though a little cold.

Dessert? Swedish fish that TK sent to Conrad.

;-)

Saturday night will be date night at home, and I will try harder then, I swear. Let's hope the weather holds out well enough for another evening on the balcony!

No comments: