Sunday, June 06, 2010

week of balcony dinners

You know, I sometimes think it might make for a more amusing blog if I once in a while did not correct some of the more blatant typos (and - ha! - I just typed that as "typoos"). A "wekk" of balcony dinners might grab some attention.

Anyway...

Conrad and I are having a very nice weekend indeed. Some housework, shopping at Target, a banquet, a drink at the home of friends, a swim. In a while we'll meet up with Luke and head for Yoshi's. Oh, and I decided to run a marathon this fall, so a five mile run for me this morning.

While we're each at our own laptops doing various things, I thought I'd post a simple entry about simple dinners. Conrad and I love this time of year for being able to sit out on our little balcony, listen to the Lake View traffic, watch planes heading for O'Hare, admire sailboats over on the lake. All of that while we eat dinner. And, this being a warmer time of year, I tend to plate up "salad" for us to dig into rather than cook up anything.

We dined outside on Monday when we got home from Vancouver.



The next night a variation on the theme.


Wednesday was chicken out on the balcony, but the light was poor, I couldn't be bothered to photograph our food (I was hungry!), and we came in quickly as the weather cooled sharply.

Thursday we were out for dinner, though we did get a bit of time on the restaurant patio. Does that count?

Friday I cooked. Ribs. Napa slaw and a bit of corn on the side. Very sticky glaze on those ribs, which made for fun dining.



We'll get ourselves outside as much as we can in the week ahead, too. I haven't checked the forecast, but I have some simple dinner ideas in mind for lingering outside, awaiting sunset, and not having to say much to each other in the warm Chicago evening.

No comments: