Saturday, April 29, 2023

dinner with Geoff and Kent

It really is a treat when other people cook for us.  Truly.  Oh, don't expect to have to ever - I'm NOT demanding that anyone do so.  I love it when people invite us over for a drink, or ask to meet at a restaurant.  I know very well that cooking a meal and entertaining others is a lot of time and effort.  Which may be why I am so delighted when someone does.  I really appreciate it.

Geoff and Kent invited us over last night.  They've appeared in this blog in the past, but for most of our time in California we'd not been in touch with them.  In recent years, though, we have met up a few times.  It's been lovely getting re-acquainted with them and enjoying their company.

Kent manned the grill, cooking hanger steaks for us. 


Geoff kept the drinks and conversation flowing. 

Yes, some talk of the old days with the Smelts, but a wide range of topics.  A delicious meal (fries and roasted Brussels sprouts, and a citrusy tart for dessert), some decent wine,

and a fine evening that cooled off nicely as we sat outside.

We'll be in the desert far less after next weekend and the close of the house sale, but I hope that when we do make it down here (or if they come up LA-ward), we can all get together again!



No comments: