Saturday, June 08, 2024

Friday in

One night together alone.  That's all Conrad and I were getting in between trips.  Van and I got back on Thursday in time for all of us to have pizza.  Tonight Van and I are off to see Odesza in concert.  Conrad heads to Chicago tomorrow morning.  So last night was it for us.

I think we did a good job of making the most of it.

Mid-afternoon we headed to Bristol Farms to pick up some groceries.  I got us an assortment of seafood, mostly shellfish, and a few other things.  Once back home, I set to work on making a pumpkin seed sauce in the style of a pipian, seared some wedges of pattypan squash, and made a little fresh corn salsa.  I cooked the seafood directly in the sauce, then distributed it and the squash along with the sauce into two bowls.  I garnished each with some corn salsa.  Dinner!


Oh, and Last Words.  You know us!


A nice evening, smiles all around.  We added on some wine, and that was a little indulgent, I would admit.  We ended up sleeping a little later this morning, but we went for a nice little walk and our usual Amara breakfast. 


Hooray!

And now it's almost a week apart for us.  The summer travel is kicking into gear.  Here's to a lovely summer ahead!

No comments: