So then, here we go...
Montana! The 35th state I have visited. This past Sunday, I added it to my tally. Van and I headed to LAX,
and - an upgrade, yay! -
and then a lovely flight up to a new state. Over the Great Salt Lake,
and then the descent into a verdant Montana.
We landed in Bozeman and got a car to head to Big Sky right away. We had a handful of days in Big Sky planned, and we wanted to get into it. South along the Gallatin River, and then a turn west into the mountains. And there, less than a mile from the turnoff: bighorn sheep.
Wow. We stopped to get shots of the trio, what turned out to be our only time seeing them on this trip. And then, not long after, our first elk of the visit. Cool!
The hotel. Ah, the hotel. We were at the Montage, and wow.
Apparently the largest building in the state, and I'd believe it based on the walk down the hall to get to our room. That sounds bad. It wasn't. Our room was great: a junior suite with a huge bathroom (plus powder room) and living room with balcony.
We had views of the distant mountains plus the housing development nearby and ski lift.
Van and I got unpacked then headed to the bar to have dinner there. A burger each,
something to drink, a huckleberry dessert (huckleberries were everywhere in Montana).
A short stroll around inside and out,
and then up to the room to bed, We had a big day to come on the Monday....
























No comments:
Post a Comment