Tuesday, October 29, 2024

October happy hour

Halloween was the theme for our online gang this month, and if you know me, you know I’m not a Halloween person.  I’m already looking to Christmas, after all.  But others love it, and it was the theme chosen, and so I duly searched for drinks that might be spooky or scary or something.

Let me say this:  a lot of the recipes I most readily came upon were appallingly sweet.  Blech.  It took some doing to find things I likely had ingredients for and that didn’t sound like sugar bombs.

Round one was just me and Van - Conrad had a work function to be at.  


The green cocktail was his, the Mystery Machine.  Muddled dill gave it that colour.  I tasted it, and it was a little off to me.  Van enjoyed it, however.  The tall cocktail was mine, the Skeleton Key.  A variation on a mule using bourbon but also St Germain.  Tasty enough!

Conrad made it home for round two, and I made us all the same thing, the El Diablo,


which was a cross between a margarita and a mule.  I think I liked this one most.  It was a pretty drink, too.  Olive said hello to the folks on the call.

Next month will be birthdays, so a wide open theme that celebrates the three among our number who will be marking new ages!

No comments: