Monday, October 28, 2024

you know, that was a good weekend

A breakdown of a good weekend:

  • Saturday morning walk followed by breakfast at Amara.

  • A Saturday afternoon of getting things done at the condo - I made a lasagna for dinner, I tidied up a bit, I worked on Christmas cards (yes, Christmas cards), I ironed some napkins.
  • Cocktails

    and dinner and then the recent Celine Dion documentary together with Van.
  • Sunday morning walk for the four of us (Olive included!) to Starbucks.


  • Sunday afternoon of getting things done at the condo - finishing work on getting Christmas cards ready for writing, more ironing.
  • Sunday evening at Vibrato,


    Herb Alpert's jazz dinner club

    in Bel Air.  Spencer Day was performing



    with a quartet of musicians

    and even pulling a friend, Ariana Savalas,

    up on stage for a song.  Good meal (I only photographed the carrot cake we shared, sorry),

    good martinis, great setting, terrific show.

How awesome to have a weekend where there is a good, healthy balance of fun and accomplishing things.  A rare commodity these days, I fear.  The next few weekends will be a little different - Conrad will be doing some travel, we'll have some entertaining.  Still, I am glad that we got to have the weekend that we did!

No comments: