Friday, December 13, 2024

midweek jaunt to Eataly

The good thing about the library being closed is that I had the time on a Thursday to head over to the west side and go to Eataly with Conrad and Van.  Yay!  I've always loved that place in Chicago and NYC, and now I love it here, too.  Tarallini!  We needed it!

We got to Eataly in time for lunch, and rather than a counter, we went for full sit down service.  A good idea, as it turned out - customers in their seated dining areas received 20% off everything but alcohol.  And goodness knows we shopped today!  Van got some new Nick and Nora glasses.  We all picked up mortadella and tarallini.  Wine for Christmas dinner.  Van picked up a gin and some other spirits.  Cheese!  Chocolate!  Panettone!  We shopped very well indeed.

Lunch was good, though.  Some calamari and zucchini to share to start with,


and then I ordered a pizza with an artichoke cream, smoked mozzarella, crispy pancetta, and ricotta. 

Tasty!  I've badly needed decent pizza since U Street closed in September.

Shopping done, we had a loooooong slog home.  Weirdly long.  Ah well.  Rainbows - a double set - showed us the way.

No comments: