I don't think Allison or Chris or Van or anyone else with whom I talk music follows this blog, so there are no surprises to spoil. I haven't posted this here before, but why not - musings are part of this blog, supposedly.
For years now I've been pulling together a ranked list at the end of the year of the songs released that year that I like. Later on, I'll add more songs to the list - it's inevitable that I will hear a 2024 release in a subsequent year and love it, so I add it retroactively. Some years are lean years, and I struggle to make it to 30. This year there was a lot that I liked and returned to, so 60 it is. I'll post the list in segments through the month, but to kick off the posts and ring in December, here are numbers 51-60.
51. Forget - Yotto, AVIRA & ALSO ASTIR
52. Life - Jamie xx & Robyn
53. Good Luck, Babe! - Chappell Roan
54. I Missed You Too - Giolì & Assia
55. I Hope You Know - Sofia Carson
56. Darkest Lullaby - Kasabian
57. The Golden Years - Joshua Bassett
58. Happy Mistake - Lady Gaga
59. mr useless - Shygirl & SG Lewis
60. Britpop - A. G. Cook
Check them out as you like. I hope you find something new and enjoyable.










No comments:
Post a Comment