Monday night, and it was monthly online happy for us. Conrad, Van, Olive, and I got back from Paso Robles around 3:15 this afternoon, and that left us under two hours to do some tidying and setting up and then finding cocktails to make to meet the holiday theme. No time to shop, just use what was on hand.
So I did.
I found a recipe from a winter solstice theme last year, the Pine Barrens, and decided it would apply to this year's holidays theme. Reminiscent of a Last Word, it swapped out the gin for vodka and the maraschino for simple syrup. Garnished with cranberries and rosemary, it was a drink that Conrad enjoyed twice.
I found another recipe in a book of holiday cocktail recipes. Honestly? Not a great cocktail book. Fun enough, but a little basic. But I had the makings for the Evergreen Sparkle, and so I enjoyed two of them. I might add more club soda in the future if I were to make it again.
It's time to wind down for the evening. There is the weekend report to come, and assuredly, it will in the next day or two!



No comments:
Post a Comment