A cocktail before dinner last night while I was over at Van's, and it was a new one to me. We have online drinks last night, and we were looking through recipes for winter-themed or related drinks (many of them a dubious connection, in my opinion). Van shared one called an Alpine Manhattan that used pine syrup (a commercial product) and bitters produced by the same company. It sounded interesting, so he made it for me.
Thoughts:
- I would cut the pine syrup in half. The drink was very sweet, like drinking a boozy bonbon.
- I would add more bitters. Even cutting the syrup portion in half, I think it would benefit from something to cut through it all.
- I would potentially keep the pine syrup at its full amount but add lemon juice and turn it into a sour.
- I would not call it a Manhattan - there is no vermouth, and the pine syrup really takes this into being an Old Fashioned.
Verdict? Likely not one to return to. I'll press on with trying to find something for next week!

No comments:
Post a Comment