Wednesday, June 18, 2025

bachelor party cocktails


That time of the month again, when the happy hour gang gathers online, drinks (at least somewhat) thematic cocktails and other beverages, and catches up.  Because Chris and Allister are a little more than two months away from their wedding, we chose Bachelor Party as our theme and drank accordingly.

I actually liked what Rachel did, quaffing a beer.  I seldom drink beer, though, so cocktails it was.  Round one took some mental leaps:  the distaff equivalent to the bachelor party is the bachelorette party, which in the UK would be called a hen party or a hen do.  So I present the Sage Hen, a nice little gin sour that I'll go back to again some time. 


Conrad liked it, too (Van couldn't join us).  Round two:  the Best Man. 

A variation on a Boulevardier that added some chocolate liqueur and bitters.  I'll make that one again some time as well.

July will be spritzes!  That should be fun. 

No comments: