Friday, June 27, 2025

third weekend in June

Hello!  Several days away from the blog for no particular reason.  But I'm back with the past weekend update to share before heading off to conference this coming weekend.  I was originally scheduled to fly out on Wednesday, but I had to move things back a couple of days.  Tonight it will be a red-eye cross-country for me.  Ugh.  My Saturday at conference will be painful, I am sure!

So, back to a week ago....

Friday night was very casual and easy.  Normally we would go to Maestro, but we had a lot of leftover food in the fridge to deal with, so we stayed in.  No photos of the leftovers, and I'm not sorry about that, but here's me with a can of pink wine!


Saturday morning was a long walk. 


Over 8 miles, I think.  I've had a lot of long walks lately (I made it past ten miles yesterday).  I met Conrad

at Amara for a light breakfast

and my usual decaf latte. 

Saturday evening was over at Van's for dinner, sitting outside with cocktails, enjoying each other's company. 


He had an early flight the next morning, and it won't be until Sunday that I see him in Philadelphia.  Conrad will join us there on Monday.

We took Van to the airport and then came back to the house to take Olive out for a walk. 


I spent time on the Sunday in the kitchen, making up a strata

for the week's lunches then later cooking us up steak for dinner. 

Olive was very interested in that! 

It was a cocktail before dinner, then a delicious Italian red with the steak. 

We sat outside again and had a nice evening of it.

Not much to report since then.  Evenings over at Van's, basic dinners, long morning walks.  And now it's tidy up things at the condo before I head out late this afternoon! 

No comments: