Thursday, June 19, 2025

recent walks


If you go back, you'll see that several weeks ago, in early May, I was "enjoying" my second time round with COVID.  It was annoying in part because I had just come back from several days in Chicago where I was getting in some really wonderful morning walks, increasing my activity.  So, early May was a setback.

But I have come roaring back!  I've upped my mileage in June, and after a restful, lazy day off this past Sunday, it's been on the go again.  7.19 miles on Monday, 8.07 on Tuesday, 8.19 yesterday (and a clumsy trip and fall - I hate when that happens), and then this morning (wonderful June Gloom returned, making for a cooler walk, plus it's a holiday) a whopping 11.35 miles.  I won't be doing that every day, and I rather think tomorrow will be a lot less as a recovery day - I'm old, you know!

But it's been good to do.  I've been mostly walking without music, saying good morning to people as I cross their paths.  I haven't been taking photos of every plant or other thing that catches my eye most days, though I caught a shot of the aftermath of last weekend's chalk art festival when I was passing through the Paseo Colorado yesterday. 


This morning, though, I did pause to snap a few photos as I wandered through the Caltech campus



and then past Pasadena City College. 


I haven't been past the latter in ages, so that was nice to do.

Oh, I will be so stiff and sore later, I am sure! 

No comments: