Thursday night dinners at Julienne has become a little tradition for us this summer, and I couldn't be more delighted. We won't make it to the second one in July because we'll be up in BC, but at least we made it last night. Burgers and Barolo was the theme (though I was the only one to have a glass of Barolo -
Conrad and Van opted for the Tannat instead). It was a comfortably warm night (I even wore shorts, which is not something I do much!), and we did our best to tune out the large table of loud women behind Conrad (hey, they were having a nice time, so - sincerely - good for them). The burgers
and fries
were great, too (and the salad was a nice and not-too-large starter
whilst the cobbler
- more of a crisp, really -was good but skirting the line of tart a little much, perhaps). We talked of upcoming plans, ate our dinners,
and enjoyed this new little tradition. We'll be back in August for Burgers and Beaujolais and hope that there will be similar events later in the year....







No comments:
Post a Comment