Monday, July 21, 2025

third weekend in July

Well, howdy!  I guess that after getting all that NYC blogging out of my system, I needed a few days off.  It's more the case, though, that there were just quiet easy days at home and at work, and I didn't take photos of every single thing.  That's OK!  Really.

So let me check in today.  I've got travel ahead this week, and that will bring some fresh material to blog.  In the meantime, the weekend that was....

Conrad and I did an early and light dinner at Maestro on Friday.  We simply weren't that hungry, that's all.  A cocktail,


a light meal, home to watch some Netflix.  See?  A mild life.  No complaints from us!

Saturday I was in the kitchen.  I made some bread and a chocolate cake and the Prudhomme South Miami Cuban Stew recipe


for dinner (that we had over at Van's) with Lessa and Christian as our guests.  Again, few photos - we were having a nice evening, and I just wanted to enjoy it without documenting every minute of it.  Great to see them again!

Yesterday the three of us


headed to the Los Feliz neighbourhood of LA for an anniversary dinner - tomorrow marks 6 years since we met.  Van had suggested a classic old place, The Dresden, and boy, we were not disappointed.  The food was alright, I won't lie, but the cocktails menu was terrific (this is their Martini '54),

and there was live music in the adjoining bar. 

But I loved the setting - creamy leather booths

and those light fixtures, oh my! 

A place to go back to, maybe when my sister visits later in the year.

Otherwise?  Laundry, morning walks, naps.  A typical weekend.  And I'm very glad for it! 

No comments: