Sunday, July 13, 2025

Thursday in NYC

Sooooo... this one may be mostly a photo-dump kind of post.  Sorry!

I was up before the others once again, and once again it off to the nearby Starbucks to grab a decaf latte to enjoy on our suite's patio. 


Our plan for the morning, once we all got going, was to head up to Rockefeller Plaza and take in the views at the Top of the Rock.  We had originally thought to go up the Empire State Building, but Steven recommended the Top of the Rock so that we could get views that included the Empire State Building.  Sound advice, and a cheaper ticket, so Top of the Rock it was.

So, a photo-dump.  Friends, here are the views from the Top of the Rock. 











And here we are enjoying being there. 







And here are shots of the Plaza. 



And, finally, here is what the walk back to the hotel was like.



Not much narrative, I know.  The views speak for themselves, though.  A beautiful, sunny day, and so much to gawk at.  It wasn't too crowded - busy, but not too crowded.  A nice way to cap the morning.

We got back to the hotel, had a casual lunch outside enjoying some items from Eataly and Whole Foods, read a bit, napped.  A fine and lazy afternoon of it.

Dinner reunited us with Bill and Gene


over in the East Village.  We met at their apartment then walked to a Greek restaurant, Pylos.  I confess, I looked at the restaurant website and didn't think too much of it.  The restaurant, though?  A handsome space, good service, and a pork shank that I wish I could have taken home with me and enjoyed the leftovers from.  So good.

Our evening concluded at the hotel bar.  The special vesper for me,


a regular one for Conrad,

a martini for Van. 

It was a nice enough space,

but it was rather loud despite so few people being there - voices really carried and bounced around the space.

And then to bed.  One more full day in NYC ahead! 

No comments: