Wednesday, July 16, 2025

Saturday morning in NYC, and then coming home

Last.  Post.  From.  The.  NYC.  Trip.

I swear!

Hi!  Eleven days after we got home, I'm finishing off the blogging.  And yes, in some ways, it's just getting home from NYC.  And hey, who doesn't love airport and aerial shots?  But we squeezed in a little more into that last day, so why not blog it?

A shorter early morning walk for me, again alone.  Ah, all my walks alone (10.72 miles this morning here in Pasadena - that was a good one!).  Over our time on the east coast, the weather had gotten milder, less humid, so it was a real pleasure enjoying those walks, seeing NYC.  I set out for Starbucks first, then sipped my decaf latte as I roamed nearby, including Madison Square Park again. 







Back at the hotel, we got packed, and then headed out to meet up with Jeff and his husband, Andy, for breakfast.

I've known Jeff for years online, but I've never had the chance to meet him in person.  I was having a conversation recently with another friend I know from online about how some people get so weirded out by the notion of meeting online friends in real life (and even just making online friends).  I've met dozens over the years.  Some have stuck, some have not.  But it's a perfectly fine way to meet people.  And really, even if this was the first time meeting Jeff, I know far more about his life in NYC than about members of my own family!

All of which sounds defensive.  Sorry!  It was simply great to sit down and have a diner breakfast and catch up.  I'm especially grateful they came to meet us given they don't live on Manhattan and they just got back from Greece the day before.  A lovely time, and I was especially touched that Jeff gave me a small piece of his pottery as a memento.


And then it was off to LaGuardia.  Lounge time, then aboard a flight to Denver. 



I was able to pick out CitiField

and the old World's Fair grounds as we took off out of New York. 

The meal on the plane was entirely reasonable. 

And Denver - the city and the airport!


- was a welcome sight given the delays we had already experienced.  We made it home after 10 that evening, and I was happy to be in my own bed once again!  

No comments: