Yes, I know: more Vancouver to come. Let me, however, take a break from reporting on that trip and just check in on the weekend that was....
Friday! Friday was a welcome return to Maestro. I was absolutely enamoured with one of the cocktails that they were still offering, leftover from their Valentine's menu. A tequila and milk punch drink,
it was delicious. Rigo suggested I try the strawberry negroni after that,
and it was fine, but the first drink was the clear winner for me. We didn't eat too much that evening with birria tacos
being such a great choice on a cold (shut up, it was!) evening. We swung by Delight to pick up dessert on the way home, and that was a lovely evening.
Saturday! A bit of a walk - I've been so lazy lately - and then on to Amara where we shared a breakfast burrito.
The day was given over to a lot of small things that accomplished something but left me feeling like I'd done nothing. We did have a nice dinner last night, though. Van drove us over to the Los Feliz neighbourhood to meet up with Heath and Nicole,
and we enjoyed dinner at the Dresden Room.
I loved their special martini, but it was all quite nice. Shrimp cocktail for me,
then steak frites.
We shared dessert and wine, and then most of us had a Grasshopper to finish the evening.
A good meal together.
Sunday! No photos! Groceries and massage and some work toward the Vietnam trip. I put together a grazing board for dinner.
Monday is soon upon us, and a week today we're already into March. Wow!











No comments:
Post a Comment