Friday, February 27, 2026

sushi date night

Thursday night is traditionally sushi night for me and Conrad.  We order the sushi from our favourite place, Mama M, pick it up, devour it at home.  But last night was such a lovely evening.  Warm but not too warm.  Well, too warm for the end of February, but my gosh, we'll take it.  I asked Conrad if he wanted to dine at home or out, and he (thank goodness!) opted for out.

So it was that we found ourselves at an outdoor table at Mama M,


chatting with the staff we have come to know, watching people walk by on the sidewalk on Holly.  A bottle of wine, a tasty meal.  It was a date night that he and I have needed - he's been dealing with shoulder pain for weeks, and that's put a damper on his enjoyment of life in general.  The shoulder is improving, though, and he had an appetite for raw fish, and away we went. 

Oh, and shishito peppers

and an avocado roll. 

Man, avocado rolls kick ass in California!

Can I just say that I love love love amaebi?  Raw sweet shrimp with fried shrimp heads.  SO GOOD!


OK, enough short entries.  I'll get Vancouver done by the end of the weekend.  I think! 

No comments: