It's been an odd thing in the past year or so: I've started cooking steaks at home from time to time. I seldom had steak at restaurants for years, and I never cooked them at home. More recently, though, I've come to appreciate the relative simplicity of cooking them. So, given a date night at Van's last night (we watch television that Conrad won't, American Idol being the current show), I opted for some larger than realized steaks. Seasoned well and left to sit, seared in a skillet, served atop spinach with baby carrots on the side and a blue cheese vinaigrette overtop. Not bad.
I haven't posted much of my own cooking lately because I think my cooking has become mostly functional, utilitarian, not anything to be proud of. But last night, you know? The steak tasted good. A small pat on the back to me.

No comments:
Post a Comment