Thursday, February 19, 2026

Jungle Bird

A quick post here on my lunch break before I head down to the desk on this rainy Thursday.  It wasn't raining when I came home this morning and then went for a walk alone and then with Conrad.  But the forecast proved true, and here we are, getting a decent soaking.  It's been a good winter for rain here in terms of overall volume, and things are cold enough that the mountains will get some snow.  Still, it makes for a more tense drive, and we perhaps could have had the same rain spread out a little more rather than in a few short bursts.  Ah well.

But happier things:  a cocktail last night.  Van was so taken with his cocktail at Mirate last week (and he's heading there tonight with a former colleague) that he's taken to drinking the Jungle Bird since.  So it was that he made us a pair last night.  Not bad.  I think the balance was a little off, and it needed a touch of sweetening.  But it was nice enough!  Cheers! 

No comments: