Thursday, May 14, 2026

more scenes from morning walks

I had such a nice, easy evening last night.  I got home from work a little before 6PM, got changed, and got in the kitchen.  Conrad was having his own date night with Van, so I had only myself to cook dinner for.  Some ground lamb in a skillet with diced carrot and onion, some garlic.  Browned it up.  Added broth and reduced that down, added more broth and reduced that down.  Added some tomato.  Stirred in some butter, then some of the starchy water from cooking pappardelle.  Rather than stir the pasta in the sauce, I ladled the sauce on top of some pasta, then sprinkled on grated parmesan.  That and a Vesper made for a simple dinner for me as I watched old episodes of Red Dwarf.  That was my perfect little evening.

But no photos of it.  So instead, as I check in on this Thursday, let me share with you further sights from morning walks this week.  I've ramped up the walking a little, culminating in 7.1 miles this morning.  Nice to get out on foot.  And, of course, I took photos all over.  Flowers,













buildings,


local art,



other things that caught my eye,

totally vain selfies

- my walks have had it all.  And curiously little Conrad!  I'll get him out on foot tomorrow, I swear. 

No comments: