Monday, May 11, 2026

second weekend in May

You know, yesterday was so gosh darn lazy that I really could have sat down after dinner and written a summary of the weekend, and maybe, just maybe, I would have felt as though I had accomplished something.  Yes, it really was that kind of a day, hanging out in comfy sweats for most of it. 


Oh, I didn't do absolutely nothing.  I cooked us dinner, and we finally stumbled out of the condo after 8 for a short walk past restaurants still thronged with Mother's Day diners.  But otherwise, not a heck of a lot.

But we did get up to things the first half of the weekend!  So let me report on that, yes?

Van came by late Friday afternoon, and the three of us headed over to Maestro (with a stop in a new store to check it out - we'll have to pop back in another time to do some actual shopping) for dinner outside. 



It was a nice, leisurely dinner, no rush to it at all.  I had a tasty passionfruit and tequila cocktail to start,

and we all shared queso fundido, a beet salad,

calamari,

and the cochinita pibil. 

Bellies full from that, we wandered home to wind down, Van heading back to feed Olive.  An easy Friday evening where we got to catch up with the folks at Maestro and have some good food and drink.

Saturday was the busy day, but even then it wasn't so bad.  I went out for a walk without Conrad then collected him so that we could enjoy breakfast at Amara as usual. 



From there it was on to a massage session for me, and then Conrad and I did the week's groceries.  Back at home, there was laundry on the go, and while I worked in the kitchen, Conrad de-cluttered a storage closet in the condo.

Van and Olive were due for dinner, and it was nice to cook for all of us at home.  I had made a brown butter blueberry tart earlier in the day for our dessert. 


For dinner, I seared a few petit filets, topped them with caramelized onion and blue cheese, served them on spinach and a roasted slice of Japanese sweet potato, and spooned around a red wine reduction sauce. 

Decent little dinner, I have to say!  By the time we were done, we felt it a little late to start a movie or watch some television, and that was fine, too.

Van is away this coming weekend, and all of us are away together the next.  A few adventures coming up.  This week, however, promises/threatens to be a little dull.  I'll chime in when I can! 

No comments: